Using the freshest local ingredients, our dedicated and experienced team of in-house chefs provide events with the best of contemporary cuisine whilst at the same time celebrating the value of tradition. They will use their expertise to create a variety of menus for the meals during your visit and you will enjoy food of the highest quality served in our magnificent, Arne Jacobsen-designed dining hall – a stunning, Grade 1 listed example of Modernist architecture.
Good food must be complemented by great service and our friendly, courteous staff will ensure that your meals are served on time and your needs are met, allowing you to relax and enjoy our hospitality.
You may share the hall with other guests during standard meals, but your event will always have its own designated table(s). If you decide to host a gala banquet dinner with us, you will then have exclusive use of the dining hall.
With one of the largest of all of the University dining halls, St Catherine’s experienced teams are adept at catering to the highest standard for both large and small groups of guests. Our banquet packages offer exclusive formal dining with inclusive drinks for those special, gala meals which can often form one of the real highlights of residential conferences.
An overview of catering options at St Catherine’s College
Standard catering choices at the College include:
- Breakfast (served between 08:00 and 09:00hrs) –buffet-style continental or ‘full English’ breakfasts taken in the main Dining Hall;
- Teas, coffee & biscuits served close to your meeting rooms at times to suit your programme;
- Three-course lunches as standard (served at your table in the Dining Hall at either 12:45 or 13:00hrs);
- Potential for Buffet lunch options (at supplementary cost);
- Three-course dinners as standard during vacations (served at your table at 19:00hrs);
- Evening drinks receptions and gala banquet meals;
- Wines to accompany lunches and dinners as required;
- Additional catering options such as pastries, cakes and fruit juices also available upon request;
- Our experienced team of in-house Chefs can cater for special dietary needs - organisers will be asked to note these with the Conference Office before arrival.
Our 24 hour residential delegate rate covers 2 x refreshment breaks, served lunch, served dinner and ensuite Bed & Breakfast as an inclusive, discounted package.
Our day catering rate for meetings covers 2 x refreshment breaks and a served lunch.
With the largest of the college Dining Halls, St Catherine’s dedicated and experienced teams are highly adept at catering to the highest standard for large groups of diners. Our banquet packages offer exclusive dining with drinks packages for those special, gala meals which often form one of the highlights of residential events.
Our standard banquet packages begin at 19:30hrs with a 30 minute drinks reception (usually served in the Junior Common Room Lounge or JCR Café garden). The banquet itself is then served at 20:00hrs in the Dining Hall. Organisers may choose 1 x 4 or 5 course meal for everyone to enjoy from our varied options menu (plus vegetarian options). Special dietary requirements can be catered for specifically if submitted at least two weeks in advance of the meal.
Included in the banquet package price are:
- A 30 minute drinks reception (sherry or red & white wines) with mineral water, fruit juice and nibbles. Alternative reception drinks and durations are available upon request (provided at a supplementary cost).
- Exclusive use of the Dining Hall for your meal.
- Wines and bottled spring water served throughout the meal plus port, coffee and chocolates to finish (wines matched to your food choices by our experienced teams).
- Floral table posies, printed menu cards and an inclusive service charge.
- A microphone/ lectern in the dining hall and up to 15 minutes either at the beginning or end of the service allocated for speeches/entertainment.
- Potential for an extended bar license after the meal (upon request and depending upon viable guest numbers).
- The option to hire our ‘Bar Annex’ as a post-meal entertainment space (at supplementary cost).
Example Banquet Menu Options
(a full options menu will be provided to organisers upon booking)
Crab and Salmon Fish Cake with Mizuna Salad and Chilli Dressing
Sardinian Antipasto Platter
Middle Eastern Vegetarian Mezze
Twice Baked Roquefort Soufflé with Pears & Rocket
Soups (As a Starter or as separate course)
Parsnip Soup with Parmesan Beignets
Mixed Mushroom Soup
Creamed Pumpkin Soup with Corn Bread
Fish course (As a Starter or as separate course)
Sea Bass with Soft Parsley Crust and Lobster Sauce
Halibut with Israeli Couscous, Char Grilled Asparagus and Tomato Walnut Sauce
Goujons of Plaice with Pea Salad, lemon and Caper-gherkin Mayonnaise
King Prawns with Pernod, Tarragon and Feta
Lemon and Thyme Sorbet
Pork Fillet, Masala Sauce with Cider Apples
Lamb Cutlets with a Sticky Glaze and Roasted Stuffed Peppers
Roast Aylesbury Duck with Apple Fritter& Cider Sauce
Corn Fed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto with Mozzarella
Beef Wellington with Madeira Sauce
Brioche Vegetable Pie with Red Onion Marmalade, Avocado, Quinoa and Broad Bean Salad
Portabello Mushroom Baked with Couscous and Chilli Salsa
Halloumi with Roasted Aubergine, Cherry Tomato and Balsamic Syrup
Strawberry Mascarpone Tart with Strawberry Sorbet
Choux Pastry Swan with Berries
Lemon Tart with Raspberries
Crème Brûlée with Mango Salad
Warm Chocolate Mousse Pudding with Crème Fraiche
Elderflower Panna Cotta with Coconut Sorbet
Your choice of…
British, French, Italian or ‘Chef `s Recommendation’ Cheeses (served with savory biscuits and fruit)